Search

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 28: Stress Busters

What often gets in the way of feeling abundance? Thoughts that stress us out. Today, I'll tell you about two things that help me stress less, smile more:


1. "Un-dramatize!" This is something I learned from a very wise teacher. ("Avdramatisera" in Swedish.) Un-dramatize means don't give whatever is stressing you out so much power. Un-dramatize is the fastest way to help yourself feel calmer almost right that instant.
I usually say to myself (can't remember which book I got this from, M.J.Ryan, probably) - "millions of people in the world right now are experiencing this/going through this. You'll be fine."
Example: you're late for something for some reason, and you start to spin around and stress out. Un-dramatize! So, you're a little late. Millions of people in the world are late, we're human, that's life. You'll be just fine. And just like that, you can act more calmly, have your wits about you, and maybe even make it on time.
2. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'll remember to think of some funny, talented people when I'm stressed out. I cannot simultaneously think of Will Ferrell and be stressed out. I just start to smile. The same goes for Owen Wilson (I love his work in "You, Me and Dupree").









I'll end with one of my favorite quotes from Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy:

"I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. (...) I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany." 

Don't you feel better already?

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3. ´

Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais!

4 comments:

  1. You and Jesse would get along just great!
    He loves Ron Burgundy and Will Ferrell so much. I can't look at or think of Will Ferrill without thinking of Jesse and then that makes me smile (don't get me wrong he's hilarious). You have seen "Elf" right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this year' s WISE summit I heard start thought in one of the presentations (there were also tons of other smart thoughts of course): don't be afraid of "f" word. It is what allows us to learn and grow. "F" stands for fail. Don't be afraid to fail.
    This is what your post made me think of. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uffff -- yes! But tough! We need to re-frame "fail" and see it as learning and growing, yes. Thank you for this thought.

      Delete