Search

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Happiest Yellow

One of the happiest yellow colors I know is the color of postal trucks (and carts, and trains) in Sweden. Every time I see that "egg yolk stirred with sugar" shade, I get happy. Every time I see that


yellow truck or cart, I think, "something good is going to happen today. Something very good is coming my way." (See the long, yellow train in the picture?)
The building in the picture is called Tomteboda, and it's a mail sorting facility in Stockholm, Sweden. I just love how the morning sun is hitting the building in this picture, currently one of my favorite buildings to look at.
I don't know much about steam punk, but to me, this is a steam punk-sy building. It reminds me of an art exhibit by Shaun Tan that I saw very quickly last autumn
(it was during Culture Night and I did not know that the exhibit was on, hence only a super quick look).  The piece above is called "The Tuesday Afternoon Reading Group".
Look at the chimneys behind the portrait! I see two buildings, plus Tomteboda, that look almost like that on my train ride.
The happiest yellow, and a dog.

When the skies are gray, it helps to see the happiest of yellows, and to think, "something very good is coming my way soon". Give it a try.

Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais!


2 comments:

  1. "egg yolk stirred with sugar shade"
    ah, sounds like a delicious yellow too!
    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank you! Egg yolk stirred with a couple of teaspoons of sugar (until it gets that happy shade of yellow) is a quick treat my Grandma taught me to make when I was a kid. I'd be sitting on a window sill, reading a book, and be like: oh, I'm going to eat a tomato (they were ripening on the windowsills), or I'm going to make the egg yolk:)

    ReplyDelete