10. A tool you can use -
this year, Pieliekamais got a bit more user-friendly with the addition of the "search" function (you'll find it at the top of the page, below the Pieliekamais heading). Use it to search Pieliekamais for content. Thank you to my sister for the idea!
9. The most popular post at Pieliekamais continues to be
the oven-baked salmon. This salmon is one of my favorite dishes to make, and it comes out great every single time. I've recently experimented with lowering the oven temp to 175C and having the salmon fillets in for 20 minutes, and that also works out great.
8. One of the most fun recipes I've tried this year is
"dirt and worm dessert." I experience a very happy sense of satisfaction when I look at this picture, because it cracks me up. Smiley.
7. The most ambitious project here at Pieliekamais this year has been
In this post, which also contains all 31 parts of my series, I share the lessons learned, and a few surprises.
6. I'm the most pleased that I tried this recipe in 2014:
5. Speaking of woods, I've been very happy that I could share some of
the goings on of the local forests. I learned from a friend that there are people in, for example, Paris, who miss being out in the woods and in nature. If I can bring you guys some fresh air from Sweden via Pieliekamais, that makes me very happy. I am so very grateful to have all this bounty almost on my doorstep.
4. What would the great outdoors be without animals -
here are some happy sheep. I wish for you, my reader, to connect with some being every day.
3. One of the best things in life is
movies. Here's a list of five very cozy ones, perfect for winter-, and most other, evenings.
Photo credit: imdb.com
2. Pretty pictures - I was very pleased with how the photos for this carrot cake turned out:
1. When in doubt, do dishes. Cooking is also almost always a good idea.
For last year's Top 10 on Pieliekamais, head here (the post is in Latvian).
Also, for anyone who needs permission to change into pajamas and snuggle up on the sofa with a good DVD box - this is it. Happy New Year!
Thank you for stopping by Pieliekamais! See you next year!