Search

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How to get more cooking done

 
How to get more cooking done:  Dishes first, the internet - later.
 
It's amazing how much easier it is to throw something together if you're standing in a clean, or clean-ish, kitchen.
 
Oh, and by "cooking" I also mean opening and draining a can of beans, slicing some mozzarella and throwing some cherry tomatoes on top. To make this happen, it really helps if the colander and cutting board are both clean. If you also have a clean plastic container, you can have your meal to go.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! seriously so so so so much easier and enjoyable to "cook" when your cooking space is comfy (clean)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And it's faster too, right? Since you start with, say, "peeling potatoes" and not "wash sauce pan, knife, potato peeler".

      Delete
  2. Oh yes... dishes first, internet later... in fact as I type my dishes are waiting for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I made myself do all the dishes before I hit "publish" on this post :).

      Delete
  3. I agree with this post and I love the photo! For me it feels good - like a meditation to keep my kitchen clean. It does feel good and inspiring. :)
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! :) I have so much to learn from you. I'm trying, though :).

      Delete